place to explore
These three fishing boats are made out of wood and were built during the last century with the intention of taking to the oceans to steal fish from it; paradoxically, they have ended their days at the bottom of the ocean, housing the creatures that were in times past its prey. The two shallowest boats are found almost completely intact. Contrary to this, the deepest one has a ghostly appearance, with its framing coming out of the keel like the ribs of a spinal column.
The turquoise blue of the water and the easy access invite you to wade in with masks and a snorkel. From the coast, you can descend from the cliff ladder by the shore, where the dive will begin. For diving with tanks, go in perpendicular to the shore until you reach the first two boats. It is preferable to leave the third wreck for boat access, due to the depth and distance it is at. This way we can explore the boats or stop to inspect the sand because angel sharks, manta ray and large stingrays hide there. Always pay attention to the dive computer because you could easily need a decompression stop.
Puerto del Carmen
Boat trip 5 minutes
Level of difficulty
Advanced Open Water Diver or similar
± 20 meters
from 18 to 28 meters
Puerto del Carmen area: from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm
Playa Blanca or Mala area: 8:00 am to 13:30
Graciosa Marine Reserve: full day from 7:15 am (end depending on season)
2:30 pm to 5:30 pm
All our diving packages include:
- Tanks and weights
- Qualified guide
- Rented material includes: wetsuit, boots, fins, regulator, mask and thermal clothing.
- Transfer to dive sites.
These are the possible extra services you can add to your package:
- Computer: 5€/day
- Torch: 5€/day
- Night dive: 10€
- Boat trip Puerto del Carmen: 8€
- Boat trip Playa Blanca: 13€
- Nitrox : 5€/tank 12L o 6€/tank 15L
- Entrance and boat trip to Atlántico Museum: 29€
- Atlántico Museum+ second dive: 39€ (entrance and two boat trips)
- Extra La Graciosa without transfer: 45€ (ferry round trip tickets and marine reserve access fees)
- Extra La Graciosa with transfer: 55€ (ferry round trip tickets, 35′ drive to the harbour and marine reserve access fees)
MAP OF THE