You will be able to observe
all the species
This is one of the most famous dives in Puerto del Carmen, maybe because of the adventure factor that it offers. The Agujero Azul (Blue Hole) is a tunnel that connects the sandy shallow area to the cliff that descends into stunning depths. Practically every animal can be seen on this dive, from sea horses all lined up at the bottom to angel sharks and large stingrays; some lucky divers may even encounter the majestic manta rays. Without a doubt, this is a dive that deserves to be repeated.
The most common way to do this dive is from land. Going in from the stairs off the little pier at Playa Chica, we explore the shallow area that is always packed with schools of fish. From there, we go down to the big underwater dunes, cross the field of gardner eels over to the entrance of the Agujero Azul (the Blue Hole), a small tunnel that is short and a very enjoyable swim through sand and out into open water. There are several interesting caves and cavities along the cliff to look for life, from swarms of narval shrimp to a small tree coral and all kinds of fish. This is also an ideal place for pelagic observation, which is why you should not lose sight of the deep blue.
Puerto del Carmen
Level of difficulty
Open Water or similar
± 20 meters
18 to 30 meters
Puerto del Carmen area: from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm
Playa Blanca or Mala area: 8:00 am to 13:30
Graciosa Marine Reserve: full day from 7:15 am (end depending on season)
2:30 pm to 5:30 pm
All our diving packages include:
- Tanks and weights
- Qualified guide
- Rented material includes: wetsuit, boots, fins, regulator, mask and thermal clothing.
- Transfer to dive sites.
These are the possible extra services you can add to your package:
- Computer: 5€/day
- Torch: 5€/day
- Night dive: 10€ (torch not included)
- Boat trip Puerto del Carmen: 8€
- Single boat trip Playa Blanca: 25€
- Double boat trip Playa Blanca: 33€
- Nitrox : 6€/tank 12L o 7€/tank 15L
- Entrance and boat trip to Atlántico Museum: 29€
- Extra La Graciosa: 65€ (ferry round trip tickets and marine reserve access fees. Transfer to the harbor not included)
- Extra dives with equipment included: 35€
- Extra dives without equipment: 30€
MAP OF THE