In search of
the most shy
This dive is impressive because of its simplicity and because of the quantity and variety of the schools of fish present there. You will get unbeatable visibility on the outside of the breakwater the majority of the year in this area. We can enjoy schools of bastard grunt, barracudas, salema, striped seabream, bogue, sand smelt, sardines and tuna that swim along the coast. The white sand serves as a hiding place for spotted torpedo, angel sharks and spiny butterfly ray, which is why we should not forget to look for their silhouette at the bottom.
So much can be accessed from the coast, as well as from a boat, and this area is especially comfortable for ocean baptisms and beginner dives. Experienced divers will still enjoy this site because of the abundance of fauna and the brightness of the area. The two breakwaters that form the bay serve as reference points to locate big schools of fish that place themselves in front of the harbor outlet. The block walls can be explored in search of dusky grouper, glasseye, cardinal fish and other more timid animals that like to go unnoticed.
Level of difficulty
Open Water or similar
± 20 meters
Puerto del Carmen area: from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm
Playa Blanca or Mala area: 8:00 am to 13:30
Graciosa Marine Reserve: full day from 7:15 am (end depending on season)
2:30 pm to 5:30 pm
All our diving packages include:
- Tanks and weights
- Qualified guide
- Rented material includes: wetsuit, boots, fins, regulator, mask and thermal clothing.
- Transfer to dive sites.
These are the possible extra services you can add to your package:
- Computer: 5€/day
- Torch: 5€/day
- Night dive: 10€ (torch not included)
- Boat trip Puerto del Carmen: 8€
- Single boat trip Playa Blanca: 25€
- Double boat trip Playa Blanca: 33€
- Nitrox : 6€/tank 12L o 7€/tank 15L
- Entrance and boat trip to Atlántico Museum: 29€
- Extra La Graciosa: 65€ (ferry round trip tickets and marine reserve access fees. Transfer to the harbor not included)
- Extra dives with equipment included: 35€
- Extra dives without equipment: 30€
MAP OF THE