place to dive
Playa Chica is ideal for all types of diving – the shallow areas are perfect decompression stops for advanced divers that want to go down into the depths of the numerous spectacular dives that can be done from this site. Caves, underwater cliffs, volcanic channels, deep water coral, sharks and even unexpected encounters with whales are possible at Playa Chica. This is Lanzarote’s premier dive site.
Big wall lovers can enjoy several routes near the coast, given that past the slight sand slope there is a cliff or drop off that goes down more than 45 m. The rock is carpeted with a colorful blanket of sponges where such amazing animals live, like dusky groupers, orange coral and deep sea shrimp. It is also an ideal place to get a glimpse of pelagic species. Exploring the cliff towards the east, we will find a memorial plaque and some ashes. Continuing down the wall, a small shipwreck emerges from the blue, where the enormous grouper fish, known as Felix, tends to prowl. We can go up from here to return to Playa Chica.
Puerto del Carmen
Level of difficulty
Open Water or similar
± 20 meters
18 to 30 meters
Puerto del Carmen area: from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm
Playa Blanca or Mala area: 8:00 am to 13:30
Graciosa Marine Reserve: full day from 7:15 am (end depending on season)
2:30 pm to 5:30 pm
All our diving packages include:
- Tanks and weights
- Qualified guide
- Rented material includes: wetsuit, boots, fins, regulator, mask and thermal clothing.
- Transfer to dive sites.
These are the possible extra services you can add to your package:
- Computer: 5€/day
- Torch: 5€/day
- Night dive: 10€ (torch not included)
- Boat trip Puerto del Carmen: 8€
- Single boat trip Playa Blanca: 25€
- Double boat trip Playa Blanca: 33€
- Nitrox : 6€/tank 12L o 7€/tank 15L
- Entrance and boat trip to Atlántico Museum: 29€
- Extra La Graciosa: 65€ (ferry round trip tickets and marine reserve access fees. Transfer to the harbor not included)
- Extra dives with equipment included: 35€
- Extra dives without equipment: 30€
MAP OF THE