of Puerto del Carmen
If there is anything that distinguishes this underwater cliff from the rest of those we can find on Playa Grande (Big Beach), it is its depth and the height of its walls, as well as the rocks next to the little Fariones pier that are practically an aquarium, and are also ideal for snorkeling and safety stops. The entire Puerto del Carmen cliff is a perfect place to observe the passing of migrating species that live in the deep blue. This is true for tuna, amberjack, or wahoo. Every diver’s dream has come true along this cliff: to see devil rays, dolphins, turtles or giant whales. Will you be one of the lucky ones?
There are many dives that can be done along this stretch of the coast, especially deep dives. We are talking about a place with the steepest slope in the Canaries, near the coast and with comfortable access from land, reaching the immense black coral forests, over 60 m deep, within just a few minutes swim from the beach. The big dusky grouper that take refuge in the immense walls especially stand out, as well as the encrusting anemone and giant anemone that grow along the cliff and of course, the black coral forest that is only accessible to technical divers because of the depth it is found at. More than a few divers have had their most favorite dives along these walls.
Puerto del Carmen
Level of difficulty
Advanced Open Water Diver or similar
± 20 meters
Puerto del Carmen area: from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm
Playa Blanca or Mala area: 8:00 am to 1:30 pm
Graciosa Marine Reserve: full day from 7:15 am (end depending on season)
2:30 pm to 5:30 pm
All our diving packages include:
- Tanks and weights
- Qualified guide
- Rented material includes: wetsuit, boots, fins, regulator, mask and thermal clothing.
- Transfer to dive sites.
These are the possible extra services you can add to your package:
- Computer: 5€/day
- Torch: 5€/day
- Night dive: 10€ (torch not included)
- Boat trip Puerto del Carmen: 8€
- Single boat trip Playa Blanca: 25€
- Double boat trip Playa Blanca: 33€
- Nitrox : 6€/tank 12L o 7€/tank 15L
- Entrance and boat trip to Atlántico Museum: 29€
- Extra La Graciosa: 65€ (ferry round trip tickets and marine reserve access fees. Transfer to the harbor not included)
- Extra dives with equipment included: 35€
- Extra dives without equipment: 30€
MAP OF THE