and Ascensor Chico
The island’s spectacular volcanic nature gives us a sculpted landscape completely different on this dive and shows us a magnificent volcanic channel that we can travel through as if it were an elevator. This wide cave enjoys an infinite amount of skylights that create a unique atmosphere. IIn this dive area, there are other sites worth visiting such as the Ascensor Chico (Small Elevator) or Puerto Moro (Moor Port), which are characterized by volcanic landscapes with caves, tunnels and large arches.
There are two possible routes from the point of entry. The first one takes us to Ascensor Grande (Large Elevator). We find it by swimming nearly 200 meters with a heading of 170º. This volcanic channel descends from 15 m down to 30 m and has several windows along the route that light up the interior. On its walls, blanketed in sponges, are hidden a great amount of narval shrimp. This dive requires advanced level diving. The second route takes us to an area known as Puerto Moro (Moor Port) and Ascensor Chico (Small Elevator). By swimming 100 m with a heading of 65º, we come downward to a rock protruding from the water. This is a very interesting alternative for less experienced divers as there is a spectacular cave under it, as well as passageways and arches. Continuing on another 30 m, a small volcanic channel shorter than 10 m long can be found with several skylights as well.
Level of difficulty
± 20 meters
Puerto del Carmen area: from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm
Playa Blanca or Mala area: 8:00 am to 13:30
Graciosa Marine Reserve: full day from 7:15 am (end depending on season)
2:30 pm to 5:30 pm
All our diving packages include:
- Tanks and weights
- Qualified guide
- Rented material includes: wetsuit, boots, fins, regulator, mask and thermal clothing.
- Transfer to dive sites.
These are the possible extra services you can add to your package:
- Computer: 5€/day
- Torch: 5€/day
- Night dive: 10€
- Boat trip Puerto del Carmen: 8€
- Boat trip Playa Blanca: 13€
- Nitrox : 5€/tank 12L o 6€/tank 15L
- Entrance and boat trip to Atlántico Museum: 29€
- Atlántico Museum+ second dive: 39€ (entrance and two boat trips)
- Extra La Graciosa without transfer: 45€ (ferry round trip tickets and marine reserve access fees)
- Extra La Graciosa with transfer: 55€ (ferry round trip tickets, 35′ drive to the harbour and marine reserve access fees)
MAP OF THE